ABOUT THE RODEO SADDLE SHOP

Cloncurry panorama

Panorama of Cloncurry 1908

The Rodeo Saddle Shop building has served a variety of purposes over the years. At the outbreak of World War 2 it was a Japanese Laundry but the tenants were forcibly interned during the war and the premises was operated as a saddlery before being used as the printing works for the local newspaper - 'The Advocate' .

In 1969 the building took on it's current guise as 'The Rodeo Saddle Shop' which operates along the main street of Cloncurry (which is actually the Flinders Highway) just as it did years ago.

Kylee and Colin Ferguson purchased the Rodeo saddle Shop from Ab and Kate Teece in 1995. Colin originally worked as a stockman and learned the art of leather working on the job - making and repairing saddles as needed - in the bush. Eventually he undertook formal studies in upholstery and today the Rodeo Saddle Shop turns out a variety of saddlery and custom made industrial gear bags and goods.

Their interest in Rodeo and Colin's ability to produce leather products means they can combine their favourite pasttimes. The Rodeo Saddle Shop van can be seen at campdraft and rodeo events and the business continues to build on its reputation for service and quality. 

Colin also serves as a councillor for the Cloncurry Shire Council as well as being active in the local community and supporting regional rodeo and campdrafting events.

Having been competitive rodeo and campdrafting entrants Kylee and Colin understand that saddlery and rodeo equipment needs to be built tough for the hard tests it must endure. 

rodeo
RODEO SADDLE SHOP   07 4742 1255
26 Ramsay Street, Cloncurry, Queensland
enquries@rodeosaddleshop.com.au